people getting cut up about Annie Lennox’s comment about Beyoncé being feminist lite is silly to me. she put it nicely. I kinda think Beyonce’s misconstruing sexual liberation as feminism when more adequately the cause is about gender equality, equal opportunity, basic human rights amongst all demographics and minorities and the rejection of stereotypical gender roles- Beyoncé’s doing a teeny bit of this and ultimately leaving the broad audience with this silly idea that feminism is about women owning their sexuality when that’s merely empowerment. feminism isn’t women reclaiming their sexuality, or anyone reclaiming their sexuality for that matter; it’s about humans reclaiming their basic rights. Annie’s right; Beyonce is feminist lite, and until she opens the door to feminism beyond hyper femininity and sexual liberation, feminist lite she will remain. if she’s doing more than this, she’s not doing it loudly enough.
at my school there’s an english teacher and an american teacher and they always glare at each other and when they pass each other in the hallway the american teacher will say ‘good show governor’ or something and the english teacher will say ‘god bless the land of the free’ and both in terrible accents and like the whole school ships it
For those of you who don’t know, these white people have appropriated Maori culture with the fake Ta Moko on their faces. These tattoos are incredibly important in Maori culture but Maori are persecuted constantly by white people in New Zealand if they choose to wear them. When Maori do it, they’re criminals, when white people do it, they’re cool and quirky.
Just another example of injustices against indigenous people.
Being a witch is not the highest paid job in the world.
I JUST FOUND THIS PICTURE AND I’M GOING TO CRY WHY THIS
I JUST WANT HER TO GET HER PRETTY PURPLE HAT AND BE HAPPY
I would kill for a companion piece to this, where she gets her hat..
no seriously why hasn’t any replied to this image with a picture of her in the pretty hat c’mon tumblr please
Well it’s not much, but here’s a comic:
Reblog every one of these happy end comics I don’t even care
I will always reblog this when there are happy ending images that involve the witch getting her pretty purple hat. And yes, the original image makes me sniffly EVERY TIME.
To the tune of im a little teapot…
"Im a little stressball, short and stressed. These are my buttons, all have been pressed."
Going to join the adapted nursery rhyme band wagon: to the tune of row row row your boat-
fuck fuck fuck a duck, screw a kangaroo, 69 a porcupine, orgey at the zoo.
I want this on a shirt
i want to get this on a shirt then wear it to school
1) A boy telling you you’re pretty won’t make you see the beauty in the fullness of your cheeks, in redness of your lips at 2 in the morning when tequila is making the bar bathroom spin. He can’t take away the ugliness that you see in yourself, you have to do that.
2) You have to be ready to hear someone say they love you. You have to be ready, and you have to be willing, and you have to listen. Because sometimes, they won’t say those three words, they’ll put a blanket over you while you’re watching a movie, they’ll kiss your cheek when they think you’re asleep, they’ll smile when they see you first thing in the morning. But you, you have to be willing to see it, feel it, let it in. Letting someone love you takes practice.
3) Don’t make compromises you can’t live with. Compromise is a different version of what you want, not a whole other Universe.
4) Learn to say no. No - to a movie you don’t want to watch; no - to sex you don’t want to have, no- to a relationship that’s driving you mad. Say no - to things that hurt you, to people that extinguish your fire, to jobs you hate and places that are desolate. There are bad things that we can’t control, bad things that happen and we are sucked into and have to feel with every fibre of our being, but the rest - learn to distance yourself, learn to say no.
5) Don’t expect people to walk through fire for you - not your parents, not your friends, not the person you’re in love with. Love doesn’t mean sacrifice, love shouldn’t mean sacrifice. Don’t expect someone to give away pieces of them, so they could fit you better. And don’t feel hurt when they refuse to - it’s self-preservation. Instead - learn from them. Do it as well.
6) Don’t tether yourself to people. Learn to make connections, to love, with both your feet steady on the ground. Learn to let people pass through your life; like a summer breeze, not a storm that’s just been unleashed.
7) Learn the difference between growth and growing up before it’s too late. Rooftops and water fights and ice cream for breakfast can be a part of your life at 10, 25, or 35. But by the time you’re 35 you need to learn to say enough, to be able to walk away, you need to be able to love yourself. Love yourself the way you loved yourself at 10, before the world had a chance to fill your head with ugliness.
ah yes, the timeless literary classic ‘romeo and bob’
It’s just a flesh wound.
The single greatest scene in cinematic history.
do you ever play cards against humanity and there’s that moment where the perfect card for the hand is in your hand and you just go “my time has come” and lay it down with such grace
and then you don’t get the point
i want to be rebellious but i dont want to get in trouble
Fuck the NRA(via assgod)
the devil doesn’t come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. he comes dressed as everything you’ve ever wished for // tucker max